Sunday, July 9, 2017

Contractor thinks Ted Bundys' childhood home, is definately haunted.

Unexplainable things happened in the Tacoma house where serial killer Ted Bundy grew up. So many things, in fact, that a contractor hired to remodel the home penciled Bible scriptures on the walls and brought in two pastors to bless the house.

“I’m not one to believe a lot of this stuff, but this house made me a believer,” said Casey Clopton, the contractor.

A cry for help appeared on a window as crew members worked in the basement.

Heavy furniture wedged into a wall toppled over. Doors and cabinets seemed to open themselves.

Real estate broker James Pitts III shows the fully remodeled Tacoma home he just sold, desiccated birds and all. It was the childhood home of serial murderer Ted Bundy.

It all started in September, when David Truong bought the 1,400-square-foot home with plans to redo and flip it.

He didn’t research its history, so he didn’t know the local lore or who had lived there.

The little blue house was built in 1946, the same year Bundy was born in Vermont. The Bundy family moved into the home in 1955, records show.

Louise Bundy was no longer living there in 1989, when her 42-year-old son was executed in Florida after being convicted of killing two sorority sisters and a 12-year-old girl.

Clopton, the contractor, first visited the house after he was hired in October. He took along his 11-year-old daughter, who sometimes goes with him and takes dictated notes from her dad about the work that needs to be done.

“My daughter started crying,” Copton said. “She said she felt weird. She didn’t like it there.”

She refused to be alone in the house and was so uncomfortable they quickly left.

Clopton returned the next week with a demolition crew. One crew member echoed the sentiment that the house didn’t feel right.

Then things started happening, things Clopton kept dismissing as pranks among the crew.

There was the time they re-entered the house — which had been locked — and every door, every cabinet drawer — was open.

Or the time the workers were cleaning up the flooded basement and spotted the words “Help me” written on the glass. A screwed-on screen protector would have made it difficult for someone outside to write it, Clopton said.

A heavy dresser inset in the upstairs hallway wall somehow pulled itself out and landed face-down on the floor while the crew was downstairs.

Read Full Article: Star Telegram

No comments: